Tuesday 19 June 2018

Escape

Rustling through the deep thick bed of leaves with an acorn in my mouth. Trying to keep out of sight the eagle, perched upon the bare branch. Looking for good spots for breakfast, lunch and dinner where all the nuts are.

I step on a crunchy old leaf. So I take off making it obvious that I’m here. Sprinting up a tree to get away as he dive bombs at me, but I leap from branch to branch. Also free falling. Jumping in my house but he's breaking it. I fall out.

I spot a hollow tree in the distance, so I do a huge jump and into the tree with the hole just in time. He comes at me. I’m safe at last. But I better keep an eye out for that eagle, just in case he returns or I see another great hideout close to my old burrow.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora, I am Evelyn from Gisborne Intermediate School.
    I really liked that you made it so I knew what was happening even though you didn't write what was happening down.
    Maybe you could add in more adjectives and descriptive words.
    If you would like to see my learning visit my blog http://gisintevelynw.blogspot.com/.

    Mā te wā
    Evelyn W

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.